That pretty much sums up our extended Labor Day holiday.
First. A wedding. My darling niece Elise and her handsome beau, Sam. They were the cutest couple to to behold. We also loved being in the same place where we were married almost 10 years ago.
Next we found ourselves at the beautiful home of my in-laws, where the kids hunted frogs, swung on the tree swing and played with cousins to their hearts content while Kyle played rodeo with the mini cows in the pasture.
As if that wasn't beautiful enough, we headed to one of "our" places. You know, one of those places that you go back to again and again and every time it feels like heaven on earth. This time was no different, our kids drank up every last minute. It was fun to make memories with them there.
I told him to make the face he made when he caught the fish.
We can handle a little dirt in our fam bam.
It was sad to see the old Dairy King closed up and for sale. :( We had to get our after-camping ice cream at a boring old Dairy Queen. I think I'd like to buy it.
We headed back to civilization and scrubbed up for our next big adventure. If you know Ryder, you know he's been obsessed with all things cars for about 2 1/2 years. (He's 3). Sometime in the past few months his car obsession switched gears from cars to DINOSAURS! So of course we had to indulge in the best dinosaur museum ever with the biggest robotic T.Rex in the entire world!! It even made my heart beat a little faster, that thing was major. Our last day we had planned to climb a 14'er with our mountain goat daughter, Breckyn. The weather was lousy though, so we settled for a hike to Independence Rock on the Monument. It was magical as always, even more so than usual with the foggy mist and not a soul around.
Petroglyphs
I think this is called stegosaurus rock, but Breckyn decided it was a shark's nose poking out of the ocean.
Breckyn went and plopped herself on the edge of the cliff. I know that is totally what I would of done as a kid but as a mother it freaked the me out!

Wednesday, September 21, 2011
True love, frogs, mountains, dinosaurs & hiking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
What! The Dairy King closed! That's HORRIBLE news!
Looks like so much fun! I LOVE the frog photos!
Post a Comment